Bathing is essential to your health, appearance, and well-being. Bathing removes impurities that can irritate skin and clog pores and washes away microbes that can cause various illnesses. Regular bathing also keeps you smelling and feeling fresh. Although bathing is a task that you must complete, it shouldn't feel like a chore. With the proper planning and products, you can turn bath time into a rejuvenating experience.
Follow these tips to turn your bathroom into a welcoming, spa-like retreat to help you enjoy bathing:
1) Create a Tranquil Environment.
Creating an environment conducive to relaxation can help make your baths more luxurious. Try the following:
- Provide soft illumination. If your bathroom lights are on a dimmer switch, turn them down to low or shut the lights off and light some candles around the tub.
- Surround yourself with soothing sounds. You can create a playlist filled with songs that calm your mind and help you relax and play them softly while you're in the tub. Alternatively, you can play sounds of water running, rain hitting the windows, or waves crashing against the shore.
- Don't forget scent. Fragrance has been shown to affect mood, which is why so many individuals use aromatherapy products. Certain fragrances like lavender are believed to have a calming effect, but you can choose any fragrance that you find appealing. Scented candles and essential oil diffusers are a simple way to enhance the atmosphere of the bathroom.
2) Shut Out The Word
Do your best to eliminate disruptions during your bath time. Let everyone in your house know that you're pampering yourself and lock the bathroom door to keep out intruders. Turn notifications off on your phone, so you won't be tempted to reach for it.
3) Time It Right.
Many individuals prefer to bathe at night to wind down before bed, but no rule says you must wait. If your evening schedule is too hectic, you can complete your luxury bathing ritual during another time of day. Make sure that you darken any windows if you're bathing during the daytime to help block out the rest of the world.
4) Invest in High-End Linens.
What happens after your bath is just as important as what goes on during it. Drying off with luxury bath towels made of soft, plush fabric will make you feel pampered. Then, wrap yourself up in a luxury bathrobe while you complete your after-bathing skincare and personal care routines.
5) Add Luxury Bath Products.
Luxury bath products and accessories can put that special finishing touch on your bathing ritual. Here are some products that you can consider:
- Bubble bath. When added to running water when you fill the tub, a bubble bath produces foamy bubbles. As you soak, the bubbles slowly pop, creating a soft, calming sound and a pleasing sensation.
- Bath salt crystals. These crystalline rocks dissolve in hot water, releasing their ingredients into the water. While their benefits can vary, crystals typically condition bathwater and give it a pleasant scent. Some bath crystals contain minerals that nourish your skin while you soak.
- Bath bombs. Often round but also available in other shapes, bath bombs are made from powder pressed together in a mold. When you drop the bomb into the water, it begins to dissolve, producing a refreshing fizzy sensation. Like bath crystals, bombs enhance water with a pleasant scent and may feature skin-healthy ingredients.
- Bath oil. Bath oil is a liquid that you pour directly into the bath. During your soak, the oil helps to soften and moisturize your skin. Most bath oils feature pleasing scents.
- Loofahs. Loofahs are rough sponges usually made from a tropical vine that is related to the cucumber. With a raised texture, loofahs help lift away dead skin, leaving your body feeling softer and smoother.
- Brushes. Brushes provide exfoliating benefits like loofahs and are available in a wide range of sizes, colors, and shapes. Using a brush with an extended handle can help you remove dead, dry skin from hard-to-reach places like the small of your back.
- Eye masks. Cushioned eye masks can help to shut out visual stimulation to encourage relaxation. Select a mask that you place in the refrigerator before using to soothe your eye area while you soak.